Author(s): Lonely Planet
#1 best-selling guide toIndia*
Lonely PlanetIndiais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the perfect symmetry of the Taj Mahal, ride a camel through the moonlit desert or cruise the lush backwaters of Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet'sIndia Travel Guide:
- Colourmaps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - temples, cuisine, history, art, Hinduism, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, customs, volunteering, yoga, ashrams, trekking
- Over 199 colour maps
- CoversDelhi's bazaars, the Taj Mahal, Rajasthan's forts and deserts, Goa's beaches, Kerala's backwaters, Mumbai's colonial-era buildings, Darjeeling's tea plantations, Khajuraho's ancient temples, Himalayan monasteries and more
The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet India, our most comprehensive guide to India, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of India? Check outDiscover India, a photo-rich guide to India's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Goa, Mumbai, South India or Kerala? Check outLonely Planet's South India & Keralaguide,Rajasthan, Delhi & Agraguide,orGoa & Mumbaiguide for a comprehensive look at all that these regions have to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet:Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to India. Source: Nielsen Bookscan, Australia, UK and USA, December 2013-November 2014